The Community Corps provides a powerful portal for talented volunteers to be matched with Chicago-area nonprofits that need support. This free online service allows volunteers with technology skills to be matched with a time-limited or ongoing maintenance project posted by an Illinois nonprofit organization.
Many Illinois nonprofits cannot afford in-house IT staff, or do not have the funds to hire consultants for special projects. After you have completed your organization profile and selected a project, your Illinois nonprofit will be matched with a volunteer who has the skills and the time available to complete your project. Click here to get started, or contact Adam Garcia at 312.237.4220 with questions.
Signing up as a Community Corps volunteer offers you a way to contribute your talents while making an impact on your community. You will be paired with a volunteer project that matches your skills, location, and time constraints. When your project ends, your hours will be tracked through a corporate social responsibility reporting engine.
To sign up as a volunteer, follow these steps:
- Go to https://thecommunitycorps.secure.force.com/LumityPartnerHome
- Select the green "Click here to get started" button.
- Click "Register" on the left navigation column.
- Select "Login/Register" under the volunteer tab.
- Select "Begin Registration."
- Enter your corporate e-mail address.
- Complete the "User Information" page.
- Enter your skills. This will help you match your skills to the project needs of nonprofits.
- Save your skills. The registration process is now complete!
This initiative helps talented individuals to find nonprofit volunteer opportunities in Chicago, the surrounding Chicago suburbs and other cities in Illinois. At the same time, it helps nonprofits to tap into the talents of a database of exceptional volunteers. Register for the CommunityCorps here!
Community Corps in action:
Geneca is a software development company serving Chicago organizations. Their mission is to create reliable and predictable software to fit the needs of their clients. At Geneca, they also believe in giving back to the community using the special skills they have to serve others. With help from Lumity, they’re able to find the right fit for their employees’ skills and encourage each member to volunteer their time and abilities.