Executive Director Roundtable
Third Tuesday of the Month, 8:30 AM-10:30 AM (Lumity)
Fourth Tuesday of the Month, 8:30 AM-10:30 AM (DuPage County)
Cost: $99 per participant per year
Location: Lumity, 407 S. Dearborn, and IIT Rice Campus, 201 East Loop Road, Wheaton
The monthly Roundtable provides a forum for nonprofit executive directors to share what is happening in their organizations — and get feedback from peers. It’s a risk-free, professionally facilitated environment that examines key topics like how to nurture relationships with your board and various human resources issues.
Lumity offers a monthly Executive Director Roundtable at two locations: at Lumity in the Loop and in DuPage County. The Roundtable costs $99 per year for each participant.
Features and benefits include:
- Limited to 18 Executive Directors
- Professionally facilitated, two-hour monthly meetings are closed to participants when the group is filled
- Bring topics of interest to monthly meetings and leave with input from your peers’ experiences
- Learn and grow as a leader by having your own group to serve as a sounding board
- Expectations (essential in building trust and creating a safe environment to share):
- Agree and commit to strict confidentiality (“what’s said in the room stays in the room”)
- Attend at least nine of the twelve meetings per year
Format of Each Session
- First hour: Participants share and discuss current issue/problem to be addressed by group
- Second hour: focus is on a broader, more general topic of interest to participants as identified the previous month
- Close monthly session with sharing resources among participants
Roundtable Session Dates
- Chicago Loop: third Tuesday of each month
- DuPage County: fourth Tuesday of each month
For more information or to register, contact Lewis Jones at 312.237.4218.